The same name indicates the characteristic circular shape of the old town center, built around the year 1000, consisting of a set of houses that farmers built on the top of the hill, including the typical "cummerse", houses with sloping roof. Among the expanse of white houses of the old town, stand the bell towers of the many churches, including the Church of Our Lady of Sorrows, of the Holy Spirit, of San Nicola, of San Rocco and of the Madonna della Catena. Inside the Church of Santa Maria della Greca there is a Renaissance polyptych dedicated to the Madonna delle Rose and the sculptural group of San Giorgio on horseback.
From Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, where two great nineteenth-century pillars identify the ancient Porta Napoli, the path along which are located the Town Hall now the Municipal Library (late eighteenth century), the Baroque Palazzo Morelli, with the beautiful portal and balconies with wrought iron railings in goose breast and, later, the church Mother. In Locorotondo the Orange Flag is flying, the environmental tourism quality mark of the Italian Touring Club intended for small towns in the hinterland that stand out for the offer of excellence and quality hospitality.